Saturday, January 5, 2008

update

Mom and Dad went on a walk since the weather is so nice. I realized after I had been watching animal cops for awhile that it had been a really long walk. So, I decided to check on them. Went outside and saw their little figures creaking slowly back on Skyline, holding hands. Walked towards them and when I caught up, noticed she was leaning a little bit and dragging that left leg forward and turned out again. Note to self for drs appointment Monday. Anyway, found out what took them so long. She had leaned over to pick up a 'snot rag' on the corner of Skyline and fell. Didn't hit anything, just landed on her tummy, although I'm going to check her knees and palms to make sure. Then she couldn't get up and Dad couldn't get her up either. A lady walking her dog helped them. It sounds really dramatic, her first official fall. But, they didn't seem particularly freaked out. She was just covered in grass. War wounds? War medals? It just cracked me up. Yep. You fell, you got up, and you kept on walking. That is how we do.

3 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

That is how you roll. :)

Glad she was ok. Hopefully later on tonight, they'll giggle about not being able to get up. Gotta find the sunshine.

:)

erin_scarin said...

that's how we do...

i'm sure mom was just checking which grass the neighbors had, wut....

...Bermudagras it is...

dianie said...

You know what that there is? That there is some bermuda grass, mmhmm. tastes like it, too.