Monday, January 21, 2008

Can you ground your mother?

I haven't blogged in awhile, so here it comes. I just had to remove myself from the kitchen table because mom decided to start flossing her teeth. Fucking gross. Tried to do my deep breathing and talk myself down from telling her to "fucking quit," but it wasn't working. Finally snapped and glared at her. Asked would she please not floss her teeth at the kitchen table because it flicks food everywhere (and is fucking nasty). She just looks at me, flossin' away. "Mom, that's just bad manners!" She tells me to turn my head so I don't have to see it. Thanks. Thanks for ruining MY dinner. Gah. Maybe next time I'll change my tampon at the table. Who cares, right? Pissed me off. And I am NOT going to feel guilty about it. So, I stomped off and am noisily tippy typing on the computer. So there!

She's been cranky lately and obviously my patience is not holding out. As I told Steph earlier, I had to turn the tv off before the merry maids came and tell her to straighten her room up. She said she did, but when I went and looked, there was crap everywhere, including their nasty earplugs lying on the nightstand! I would NEVER have imagined having to tell my own mother to go back and clean her room. And oooooo did she glare at me! Stinky stink eye. Role reversal fucking sucks is all I have to say.

E and C will appreciate this. Was skyping with J the other night, complete with video feed both ways. And guess who decides to come in and start shredding "important" documents? It was hilarious to watch jillies face register when the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr interrupted her. Oh don't mind me dude, just talking with your daughter in Thailand, shred away.

5 comments:

erin_scarin said...

to tag onto your note, mom said she was going to meet aunt d AT roadhouse--first encounter. stupid say what? why on EARTH would one want to have the first meeting with your sister in 2 or so years-- the first since this very difficult, life-changing period; and the first family member to actually 'see' (be witness to) what has transpired over 6 months-- to be in public let alone the most raucous/outright ridiculous restaurant in stilly? you'd think it'd be a tender moment deserving of a more intimate setting.

i suggested that they meet first at a home somewhere. she thought that was a good idea...then called me a micromanager. whatever. just sparing her and aunt donna the pains of goin through something potentially difficult/emotional/personal while wading through a puddle of peanut shells. fuck.

dianie said...

Yeah, uh, I was the one that changed her mind about the locale whore. Although, I agree about having a cryfest whille slip-sliding through peanut shells. I think the way it went down to night was the best scenario.... a little bit at a time. I think being in public made everyone feel a little more emotionally restrained.....and safe in a way. They can have their cry fest tomorrow, if they have one. Aunt d seems to have her "face" on, like she did with grandpa t, which I understand. It's gotta be hard. At the same time though, mom doesn't look that bad, and if we keep protecting her and warning her, she's going to get that message. Plus, my hairs wasn't did yet. So there.

cyclefreaks said...

That's right D. It's all about your hairs and whether or not you looked hot. Was Dr. Kelly there?

:P

erin_scarin said...

ahhh that's right, d. forgot it takes you awhile to look pretty. only takes me a couple of minutes!!! ahhh snap. ;0) whoreface

by the way, congrats on the kiddo, "cyclefreaks"!!!

Unknown said...

this is literally the first time the 'post a comment column' hasn't popped up in thai. i can finally contribute, after having been a lurker for so long. not sure where to start: 1) stephanie -- cause i know you're a frequent flyer -- let me extend a high five and congratulations on becoming a mother! how exciting. hope you and baby are resting well. i really like the name, by the by. 2) d-spot -- your comment about the shredding cracked me up. still remember it. 3) fred -- seems the micromanaging didn't pay off. not sure how we (the children) became so close, having lived in an environment where less than warm relations abound. guess that's how they do. would love to say i'm in no place to judge, but the perch from the mountain is just too tempting. what the hell? if you bitches EVER grabbed a beer before seeing me..... oh hell no. ;) you'd get more than a whizzing pair of keys 'cross your head. by the way, a pigeon tried to land in my hair the other day. trying not to take it personally.