Alright. I need some support from my peeps. The coke zero has got to go the way of the green god. Drank 6 bottles today and could drink even more if I didn't have so much gas. Do I have any bone mass left? Not so sure. Anyway, could use any help and support you all have. Tried to do the artificial sweetner scare tactics; research on medscape revealed that aspartame HAS been linked to cancer in rats. Okay, really, really old rats. And splenda? Medical research has linked it to causing migraines. So I don't have migraines, but it's still scary shit! Oh, who am I kidding?! You could tell me that diet pop caused your Aunt Tilly to rot from the inside out and I'd still want to drink it. What is up with that? Death wish? Self-sabotage? Melodramatic?Very frustrating. Know I'd feel better off the crap. Who wants to drink only water, though?! Rhetorical question. Nobody, that's who. What are you drinking tonight, lovely lady? Me? Oh, it's WATER. MMMMMMMM!
Wish I could have my moment of empowerment a la Labrynth where I yell at the pop "you have no power over me.....power over me......power over me......"
And yes, I just did a whole post over diet pop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Gonna respond to meself to track my popage. Yesterday had 5 bottles, 1 mini can, so 128 oz. My goal is to at least not exceed the previous day.
Holy hell. My sister thinks you get energy from Zoloft. Methinks it's more likely the 300+ mg of caffeine!
Do you like "regular" sodie? Maybe you could have two a day as a treat and get rid of the extraneous diet ones.
just think of it in terms of water consumption...not only in making the actual sodie, but in crafting the plastic bottle, label, etc. in other words, you and your type are the reason lake mead is drying. or, here's one, coca cola is sucking up all the water in india (not to mention polluting it!) leading to water decline, lack of access, and higher prices, with grave impacts especially for the poor.
but i guess for you it's worth it... ;)
i figure, if guilt don't do it, ...
right, off to get me a pepsi max and start the day. baby steps.
all good points on the diet pop front, cyclefreak and the clandestine commenter...jill. (really jill? diane changed her name to dianie...couldn't think of something more inventive?). i write this with a question mark over my head as to what my name is...hahahaha. can't recall.
back to pop, i see it this way. yes, you drink a lot like a junkie needing a fix. yes, it probably causes complexion problems let alone migraines and gas. it's true that it's linked to cancer, calcium leaching from the bones, staining of teeth, a whole assortment of things. but hey, for that quasi good taste of artificial sweetener, it's all worth it don't you think, di? (a hated nickname said for emphasis).
because, as long as you have your fix, like the cocaine junkie has his, that moment is worth the future suffering, wouldn't you agree?
with love,
the person who has actively brought it down to two cans of sodie, some green tea, and water!
aka smug erin. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (sammie added his two cents...or nine billion n's)
you certainly didn't teach me that cuz alls ya taught me wuz your poop schedule, wut.
no, many learning lessons...such as shake the bottom of a bottled DMD before drinkin...
Seriously Dianie, you've got to get with the program on this blogging stuff. Where's our new post? We is bored. We need somethings to reads!
Erin, Kaia is very upset that you didn't come see her when you were in town. Next time, or she'll poop on you!
Post a Comment